Bells From the Deep is a 1993 documentary by Werner Herzog looking at different spiritual beliefs in Russia. I really enjoyed it. It shows some pretty bizarre things you would never guess were going on! A village private Jesus, ghost invested lake with a city hiding in its bottomless pit, healers, shamans and orphan playing the bells in a church tower. A really strange and wonderful peak into a different dimension of reality. It reminded me of a documentary someone shared on KIA a while back about Fairy faith in Iceland. I find it fascinating that people hold all these beliefs and practices while the mainstream just keeps it quiet. We are told we live in a rational world ruled by materialist sciences. Well, it seems we do not!
This ritual was performed at a gathering of Chaos Magicians in the UK some years ago. It basically equated the seventh circuit of Timothy Leary’s eight circuit model, the Neurogenetic, or Morphogenetic circuit, with Death or Black magic in Carroll’s eight colours of magic system.
This circuit was said by Leary to relate to past and future evolutionary consciousness, DNA/RNA brain feedback, past-life and reincarnation experience and ideas concerning immortality. LSD is supposed to trigger experience of this level of consciousness in Leary’s model.
Also the ritual assumes that participants begin in the fourth circuit consciousness of adult personality, and need to ‘travel’ to the seventh circuit via the fifth and sixth. For this purpose the metaphor of a ‘spaceship’ was employed.
- Whilst ritual is explained to participants, a collaborator distributed ‘placebo LSD’. This placebo was basically blotting paper with no LSD. Because most participants in this ritual had taken LSD on blotting paper at some point, or had heard of it being taken in such a fashion, the idea was that this would act as a trigger for a placebo affect ‘trip’, or simply a reminder of the ‘seventh circuit consciousness’ that may have been experienced on such a trip.
- Count down banishing. Everyone gets a clear space and crouches down, visualising themselves as rockets ready for blast off. The group loudly counts down from ten. “Ten – Nine – Eight – Seven – Six – Five – Four – Three – Two – One – We Have Ignition…” All visualises flames bursting from the bottom of their rocket and make rocket launch noises, suddenly accelerating into a jump as the critical pressure is reached.
- Spinning in space. The space ships spin round and round really fast as they leave Earth’s atmosphere. Spinning should be fast and continued for a good few minutes (although this should be estimated, not calculated by looking at watches or something like that).
- Pathworking starts… Fifth circuit activates. Astronauts become aware of their fifth circuit hedonic body consciousness by suddenly stopping spinning, sitting down in a foetal position and visualising themselves in Zero G space, floating about inside their space vessel. Ideally the participants should be nude, or near nude, to enable ease of self touching to increase pleasure.
- Sixth circuit activates. Astronauts become aware of sixth circuit brain/neural consciousness. As dizziness fades, and self-pleasure becomes a subconscious reflex, the mind becomes aware of its own internal archetypes. Ask each of these to show you the way to the Seventh Circuit, the Ancestor/evolutionary/DNA circuit until one of them obliges.
- Seventh circuit activates. Here you can be in contact with your whole genetic past/present/future, your ancestors right back to the first single celled organisms, all future higher intelligence that will evolve from you. These ancestors and future descendants may be able to offer you advice. Try and remember anything they tell you. Feel free to converse with them and ask questions.
- Pause in pathworking to make notes. Some things you may want to make note of for your own personal, private reference, other things you may want to share with the group during de-briefing.
- Pathworking resumes… Re-entry. Alert that space journey is over and the shuttle will re-enter the atmosphere. All assume re-entry positions and visualise the craft burning up as it re-enters. Then, each astronaut guides the craft back to the runway and lands it safely for re-use at a later date.
- De-briefing. All astronauts may share any thoughts/messages they received with the rest of the group.
Orshcht – disappointed that I had nothing to say at the SpetzFak conference, flits across the entrance to the library every now and then.
Secretly, I am planning to quit this gloomy Palace at the first opportunity. My only fear is that I may have unwittingly entered into a contract which might require me to stay. The signs would be spilt blood or wine on the floor.